October 23, 2008

Some a-gourding fans to cheer you on in the challenge! ;)

Just wanted to pop on here to encourage you all to give the Two Pager challenge a try! I saw a few pages pop up in the gallery the other day....can't wait to see more! (For more details on the challenge scroll down a post or two here.) And to help cheer you on, here are some friends I brought along....



I made these yesterday with my kids after a trip to the local pumpkin patch. These are the little gourd pumpkins. Tiny little guys. And I saw the idea for these in Family Fun magazine this month. We just painted them all black (it took two coats to completely hide the orange). Then I cut out some bat wings from black cardstock along with some little bat ears. I attached the wings and ears with little stickpins. The magazine suggests taping a skewer onto the back of the wings and sticking them on that way. Which would make the wings more durable. I may need to go back and do that. Then I cut the eyes out of some white cardstock and punched "pupils" with a hole punch. Glue dotted them on and viola....some little fun bats for our front step! My kiddos loved this. :)

Anyways, keep those two pagers coming! Go team!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest little things I think I've ever seen!!

Emily Pitts said...

so dang cute! i love family fun!

april said...

love these little guys :) i REALLY need to do a 2pager....

tessa said...

cool

Kimberly said...

These are the cutest things ever! I may have to share this crafty idea with my dd. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love the bats... and your little phrase "a-gourding fans"... clever :)

Thanks for sharing your project. It looks like it was fun!

Karen said...

these are adorable!

Elisa said...

Ohh, I so love this idea, specially the expression you put in their eyes.
Thanks!!!