October 13, 2009

Fabric Inspiration

I'm not a sew-er. Or a seamstress. Or whatever you'd call someone crafty with fabric, thread, and a sewing maching. :) But lately I have been into the fabrics themselves. Wanting to find someway to incorporate them into my scrapping (and wishing that I knew how to actually USE my sewing machine...I need a tutorial!). Have you shopped around for fabrics lately? Looked at them online?

I recently did this for some kid-themed/friendly fabrics for a MOPS craft project I'm coordinating. I needed a bunch of different patterns...ones for boys and ones for girls and ones that were neutral. I looked on etsy and online fabric stores, but didn't see anything that really grabbed me. Until I found this online store called, Fabric Worm. Isn't that a fun name? Anyways, I started browsing her selection of fabrics and my mind was swimming with all the different ways I could use these patterns in scrapping. Basically b/c they remind me of patterned paper...and who can resist cute patterned paper?! Here's just a sampling of what is sitting in my house right now. I'm going to be the crazy woman collecting all the scraps left over from the womens' projects next week! :) You can't let these go to waste!
Some girly ones that would be perfect with this week's challenge! ;) Do you spy some Anna Griffin in there?

A nice neutral one that just screams FALL to me!



And a little something for the boys out there. Are the guitars and cars and animals just too cute or what? Can you find the Cosmo Cricket fabric?


If you have any scrappy projects using fabric that you've done lately, I'd love to see them. I'm going to do a little tutorial on a fabric/sewing technique that I'm going to try on paper at the end of this week. So check back for that! Have a great night.


5 comments:

Angela W said...

This is great! I have been wanting to find some of this cute fabric, esp the Cosmo Cricket!

heather skye said...

Love some of your choices! Just busted out my sewing machine this weekend, too!

lori said...

I have been using fabric for awhile so I am very excited to see your fabulous ideas....

Unknown said...

I am a Fabric Whore! Yes, you read that right! Scrapbooking and Sewing are my two favorite past-times. I have done one You Tube video on how I used fabric on a layout but have SEVERAL other items I have used it on as well. Would love to show you some wonderful things if you would like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABa1_YJ1dQ

Elizabeth said...

Who made the butterfly pattern? I really love it.