March 17, 2010

Turn your paper towel into a piece of art!

Hi everyone ^^

Today I will show you, in this fun little tutorial, how to turn any paper towel into a fun, textured little piece of fabric to use for your layouts and albums.
I was recently inspired by Karine Cazenave-Tapie's new book, "Les Ateliers de Karine : Scrap Texture" (available in French) in which you can discover many fun and amazing techniques and I fell in love with one of her layouts, where she used some paper towel for her layout.

First of all, all you'll need for this technique is paper towel and Maya Mists.

For this layout, I used the Purple and the gold ones, but of course feel free to use any color depending on the papers you picked. You'll find so many amazing colors in the SC boutique, you'll just faint ^^

Take a piece of paper towel and spray the darkest color on top of it.

Then add some gold in order to get a shinier effect on the paper towel.

Let it dry or use a heat gun.

Depending on the paper towel that you have, you might have different designs and several layers.
On this one, there are circles. I decided to separate the two layers of papers for this one, hesitating between using the most colorful one or not.

And I decided to use the white one on which you can see the circles that soak all of the Maya Mists in.


I highly recomment this adhesive to glue the paper towel as it usually moves if you use regular double sided tape.

And here's my layout :


Isn't my mom a doll? :)

I couldn't resist using the Hot Air Balloon stamp for this layout, I don't know why, I think it reminds me of Spring :) And it's my favorite SC stamp so I could use it for every single layout :)

You'll also be able to purchase this cute little doily garland (that was in the last month's kit) pretty soon in the SC boutique.


Of course you can spray on top of the rubons but let it dry a little bit longer than on paper.


Feel free to mix stamps together : here I stamped with brown versafine ink (or brown Distress ink)the journaling square onto kraft paper then used a green versafine ink (or green Distress ink) to stamp the star.

By adding the butterfly stamp later, you get lots of contrast and a lot of brand new stamps :)

Same thing here : I used green Distress ink to stamp the house and then a brown Distress ink to stamp the HAPPY word.

How cute is this JBS garland?


I hope you enjoyed it and I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful PAPER TOWEL layouts :D

xoxo

céline

4 comments:

Debbie said...

gorgeous =) what a great tutorial !~

Angela W said...

This is wonderful! Thanks! Love your layout!

Christy said...

I'm wearing green! :)

Ursula Schneider said...

I L O V E this tut. Thanks for sharing this Celine. And that book sounds wonderful. too bad my French is so bad.