August 5, 2010

Insider Tips: "The first few days" layout...

Hey everyone! Susan here (again) today... :)

Wanted to share a little bit extra about one of my layouts in the August Summer Camp gallery: "The first few days"...


As mentioned in yesterday's post, I have a ton of newborn photos of my newest son - Noah. This page showcases just a few, in a grouping that I created BEFORE I put together my layout.

To print smaller sized photos that all "fit" together on the page, I first started with a blank (white) 8x10 @ 300 dpi image in photoshop. I then opened up each image that I wanted to use, and cropped it, then copied and pasted it onto my blank 8x10 image.

If needed, I used the transform tool to adjust the size of each image slightly (holding down the shift key while you 'transform' will avoid skewing your image too much in one direction).


After adding all of my images, I had an 8x10 print made at costco. The white background that I used lended itself to the white frames around my mini-pics (I simply trimmed the images with a little extra white space around each).


I hope seeing how I easily fit so many photos onto this page helps you try something similar on a future project!

:)

ps - The Summer Camp kit is STILL AVAILABLE... grab one while you can!

10 comments:

Robin said...

thanks for the tip!! Looks fab!

Gracie said...

Your layout is delightful!
I never think of doing this but I am going to give it a go with my photographs!
Thanks Susan!!!
Sweet little guys you have!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Precious pages!

susy said...

carinissima

Amanda L. said...

I love leaving a white edge around my photos.....beautiful layout!

Kathy Martin said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! :)

Emily Pitts said...

love this, this is exactly the kind of thing that is good to know. thanks.

Zarah said...

Lovely page!!

Ally said...

Omgosh - Susan, this is brilliant! As a Photoshop idiot I would love if you did a step by step on this process. How does one create a background and then paste several photos onto it?

Diana said...

I love this page. I think I'll do something similar for my babies' albums. Thanks for figuring it out for me!